- I represent and warrant that I am the sole author of “my user submitted story” (aka USS); that the USS is true and not misleading; that I am the present and sole owner of all right, title, and interest in and to the USS; that I have the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and convey the USS to The Underdog Tales (aka TUT) upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; and that no third party is entitled to any payment or other consideration as a condition of the exploitation of the USS.
- I hereby grant (and release to) TUT a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, transferable license, with rights of sublicense, to publish, use for advertising or publicity purposes, and otherwise use the USS (or any portion or derivation thereof) in web, print, video, audio, and all other media (including, without limitation, any and all social media) and in any internet, radio, television, or live stage program. I agree that I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by USS of the TUT or any similar material. I understand that TUT may create, publish, and otherwise use versions of the USS, and I grant TUT the right to dramatize, and adapt the USS for that purpose. I further acknowledge and agree that others may provide feedback or comments to my USS and neither TUT nor its affiliates shall be responsible or liable for any such feedback or comments. TUT also cannot guarantee that others will not use USS, and TUT and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for any use, misuse or misappropriation of your Story by others.
- I further understand that TUT would refuse to receive the Story in the absence of my acceptance of each and all of the provisions of this release and license. I acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between TUT and me, and I further acknowledge that no such relationships are established between TUT and me by reason of this release and license or by reason of my submission of the USS.
- I agree to indemnify TUT (and its owners, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents) from and against any and all claims, expenses, losses, or liabilities (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and punitive damages) that may be asserted against TUT or incurred by TUT at any time in connection with the USS, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
- I have retained at least one copy of my USS, and I release TS from any and all liability for loss or other damage to the copies of the Story submitted to TUT hereunder.
- TUT may assign, license, or sublicense its rights hereunder. This release and license will inure to the benefit of any heirs, successors, representatives, assigns, and licensees of TUT, and any such heir, successor, representative, assign, or licensee will be deemed a third party beneficiary under this release and license.
- The grants, rights, and releases made hereby are irrevocable. Should any provision or part of any provision of this release and license be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof will be deemed omitted, and this release and license with such provision or part thereof omitted will remain in full force and effect.
- I have read and understand this release and license and no oral representations of any kind have been made to me. This release and license states our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof and submitting my user story.
Last updated Jan, 2019